• Chris

(@chrisbegley)

The 1.2 update for the Twenty Twenty-Four theme reset my Styles customizations. Mainly the Colors*, Layout, and Block customizations that I had made. I’m running WordPress 6.5.5.

*custom colors were intact but I had to reassign them to Text, Background, Link, etc.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • lmstearn

(@lmstearn)

Same here, it’s a bit awkward attempting to fix stuff when the changelog is yet to be updated.

w-sky

(@w-sky)

@lmstearn so true! I feel let down by www.ads-software.com or the developers of Twenty Twenty-Four. Almost 3 days and no info or reaction here… It seems to me like a somewhat hasty update, which usually only happens when a serious security hole needs to be closed. But still we should get some information.

Using my server backups, I restored the site from July 15th, exported the 1.1 version including settings, then switched back to current site version and imported the 1.1 export. It worked right away, at least on the second attempt. I wasn’t quick enough on the first attempt and it automatically installed the 1.2 update on the restored site before I could export. The blessing and curse of automatic updates. xD

Still I am worried about the possibility of security holes in 1.1… I would like to update to 1.2+, but I need to be able to keep the settings and customizations! A lot of work went into this.

Moderator jordesign

(@jordesign)

Hi folks – thanks for the reports here. Just a reminder that all contributors to WordPress (including those that answer questions in the forums) are volunteers – we get to these as quick as we can.

To dig into this a little bit further – could you (all) please share a little more information on the customizations that were changed/lost. Were these changes made under Appearance > Edit > Styles? Were they in the global settings (colors, layout etc) or for specific blocks?

Any additional information available would help a lot.

Thread Starter Chris

(@chrisbegley)

Hi @jordesign , yes all of the changes were made under Appearance > Editor > Styles.

Under “Color > Elements” all of my changes were lost. I had to set up all my colors again for Text, Links, Buttons, Headings, etc. I lost some of my customizations under “Layout” (like the padding setting).

This happened to a few of my sites running 2024 and I realized what they all had in common. I had worked on the designs locally using WordPress Studio: https://developer.wordpress.com/studio/

Then to make it easier to add to my live websites, I exported the theme using the “Create Block Theme” plugin: https://www.ads-software.com/plugins/create-block-theme/

Moderator jordesign

(@jordesign)

@chrisbegley is there any chance this coincided with the recent Core update to 6.6?

lmstearn

(@lmstearn)

“Is there any chance this coincided with the recent Core update?”

Should have clarified, yes, the colours and customizations as per @chrisbegley were knocked out by the WP core update. hope of all hopes that 1.2 would fix, sadly no. (No WP Studio here either)

Thread Starter Chris

(@chrisbegley)

@jordesign no, I was running WordPress 6.5.5 the first time this happened.

Moderator jordesign

(@jordesign)

To all in this thread – can I please just confirm:

• Is this related to using WordPress.com’s Studio product?
    • Do you have the Create Block Theme plugin installed?
    Thread Starter Chris

(@chrisbegley)

@jordesign yes. I created a local website with WordPress.com’s Studio. I customized the 2024 theme. Then I installed Create Block Theme, exported the 2024 theme with my customizations, and installed that theme to a public server.

When 2024 updated to 1.2, my customizations were wiped out. I was still running WordPress 6.5.5 when that happened, although it has also happened on websites running 6.6.

Moderator jordesign

(@jordesign)

Howdy folks – I’ve been thinking on this further – and wondering if for any of y’all – this change might be effecting things?
    https://make.www.ads-software.com/core/2024/06/21/wordpress-6-6-css-specificity/

Thread Starter Chris

(@chrisbegley)

@jordesign I encountered this before upgrading to WordPress 6.6 so I don’t think it applies to me

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.