• Resolved Dong Ngo

(@ngodong)

The latest update, 1.7.5, broke the Review block — it’s no longer editable and shown as not supported/available in post edit. Please fix it.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Plugin Author Hardeep Asrani

(@hardeepasrani)

Hey @ngodong,

Are you using WP 5.9? And also, can you try to clear your cache and see if that works? If not then let us know!

Thread Starter Dong Ngo

(@ngodong)

Yes, and yes, and that happened. In fact, the Accordion block failed too. I had to revert to the previous version. Overall, this update seem to break everything ??

Plugin Author Hardeep Asrani

(@hardeepasrani)

@ngodong That’s weird. It seems to be working just fine on our side after hours of testing. We are trying to investigate what’s causing it and will send a fix soon. If you find anything that breaks in particular, please let us know.

Thread Starter Dong Ngo

(@ngodong)

Those are two that I use, and they both broke. The error on the editing page is like when you deactivate the plugin. On the front end, the blocks are still in effect.

(@hardeepasrani)

Why did you mark this as resolved? I suppose by mistake.

That’s weird. We’ve some 7-8 users reporting this. For few, it fixed itself. For some it is persistent, while it works fine regardless how much we try to reproduce.

Can you share the the list of any other block-related plugins that you have active?

Thread Starter Dong Ngo

(@ngodong)

My only other block plugin is GenerateBlocks which is part of my Generate Press theme.

(@hardeepasrani)

@ngodong I got onto a Zoom call with a user who had the same issue. And it worked when they tried it from a new browser or private window. Can you see if that is the case on your side too? So far, every single time it has worked after changing browsers (regardless of the browser they were using).

Thread Starter Dong Ngo

(@ngodong)

I tried that. Different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge), thoroughly cleaned up the browsing history, cookies, etc., private browsing mode. No change. ??

Again, the plugin is not there on the editing side — the Otter icon is not there either. ON the front end, it works.

(@hardeepasrani)

@ngodong So far that has worked for everyone, weird. Would it be possible for you to send us an email at [email protected] for further investigation? Thank you!

Still having the same issue – all Otter blocks except Masonry are missing. Existing blocks are broken on page update. It’s not browser-related and I’ve cleared all server caches and WordPress caches. Is there a way to revert to a previous version until a fix is released?

Thread Starter Dong Ngo

(@ngodong)

Sent you an email just now with a screenshot, Hardeep. Version 1.7.4 works fine, but .5 sure is no go.

I’m also having the same issue. As traffas posted, all Otter blocks except Masonry are missing. I’m using the Advanced Heading block on every page for all my headers, and getting the following message on the editor page:

Your site doesn’t include support for the “themeisle-blocks/advanced-heading” block. You can leave this block intact, convert its content to a Custom HTML block, or remove it entirely.

I’m running Otter 1.7.5 on WordPress 5.9 with PHP 7.4.25 on a Linux based server.

The Gutenberg related plugins I’m running are:

Advanced Editor Tools (previously TinyMCE Advanced)
    		Version: 5.6.0
    		By: Automattic
    		Last Update: 10 Months ago

Disable Gutenberg Autosave</blockquote>
    		Version: 1.0.10
    		By:websevendev
    		Last Update:5 Months ago

EditorsKit
    		Version 1.33.5
    		By: Munir Kamal
    		Last Update: 6 days ago

Gutenberg
    		Version: 12.5.4
    		By: Gutenberg Team
    		Last Update: 2 days ago

Gutenberg Blocks and Template Library by Otter
    		Version: 1.7.5
    		By: ThemeIsle
    		Last Update: 3 days ago

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can supply to help.

I will temporarily roll back to 1.7.4 in the meantime, as I can’t edit anything on the site without breaking it and have several updates I need to make.

To @traffas and anyone else having issues and needing to rollback, I’m using the WP Rollback plugin by Impress.org.

(@hardeepasrani)

@angelicusmalus You can contact us at [email protected] if you still have the issue after upgrading back to 1.7.5

Thank you!

Thread Starter Dong Ngo

(@ngodong)

Here’s how to fix it for anyone who still has this issue:

1. Right-click on the block that’s not working -> View page source.
    2. On the source page, look for “otter-blocks” (no quotes). This line varies from one website to another but for my website, it’s like this:

<script src=’https://dongknows.com/wp-content/plugins/otter-blocks/build/blocks/blocks.js?ver=269cc4e7565fcda0dcdbda59d7d6002c&#8217; id=’otter-blocks-js’></script>

3. Click on that line. It will open the script in a new tab. Now hard refresh that tab (Shift + F5)

That’s it. The plug-in will work from then on — repeat the steps on any browser that has the issue. It’s weird.

Thanks, Hardeep, for the help!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Dong Ngo.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Dong Ngo.

(@hardeepasrani)

You’re welcome @ngodong!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘1.7.5 broke Review block’ is closed to new replies.