• When building custom a WP3 theme, I use the loginout function (below) in my footer to help move into the new theme.
    <?php wp_register(); ?><?php wp_loginout(); ?>
    But when I was Logged in, the “Logout link” would show up right next to the “Login link” – without any space between the two links. This issued plagued me, I became sick, started walking around in a death robe, and I moaned all the time until I scoured my WP3 code to find the rat.

and there it was: at line 189 of the general-template.php file, right in the wordpress\wp-includes folders. I injected the rat with a hypen and two spaces before the open “<a href” tag.

$link = '<a href="' . esc_url( wp_logout_url($redirect) ) . '">' . __('Log out') . '</a>';

$link = ' - <a href="' . esc_url( wp_logout_url($redirect) ) . '">' . __('Log out') . '</a>';

I fell much better now, did I burn my death robe; but i can’t seem to shake the moaning until I have coffee.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Moderator Jan Dembowski

(@jdembowski)

Forum Moderator and Brute Squad

O Fellow Citizen of Rome! You’ve merely exchanged one set of garments for another and soon will be confronted by a new plague!

By inserting the hyphen amongst the code of the sacred wp-includes/general-template.php file, you may encounter the plague of 250 AD Plague of Cyprian otherwise known as the Patched Update Outbreak.

Avert this fate and I plainly ask you: what were you trying to do again? Was it a widget or just code in the footer that you instead may wish to use a conditional to present different options for a logged in user or not logged in user?

Thread Starter ggarmento

(@ggarmento)

All hail the Dembowski!

[bowing] I extend my lowest and deepest apologie; I am still plagued by an affliction of my youth; often was I told: “That is what you get for thinking when you are not use to it”.

It did not occur to me that editing a (percieved design flaw) would bring down another plague when a Valid Patches fails. This kind-of-stuff is why messing with the “time-space-continuium” is forbidden.

This was not my first offense, but, by the gods, it will be my last.
    https://www.ads-software.com/support/topic/the-1492-columbus-fix?replies=1

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘189 AD Roman Plague fix’ is closed to new replies.