• Resolved jennyparker

(@jennyparker)

I have written a site title via Setting -> General > Site title and hide form theme via customization options -> Custom CSS but now I have an error popup form AINSEO

“2 H1 tags were found” (Note: I have already put h1 tag with my desired keywords on the home page) so I think the site title will also be an h1 tag I guess so what should I do now?

PS: Site Title is only a website or domain name only so I need think I consider the second h1 tag for SEO purposes with proper keywords etc?

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Support Shivam Tyagi

(@shivamtyagi)

Hi @jennyparker, you’re getting that suggestion because your homepage currently has 2 H1 tags. The first one is being rendered by your theme for the title of your site and the second one has been added manually through the page builder.

You’ll need to change the font size of either one of them and that should remove the suggestion. I’d recommend keeping the one you’ve created with proper keywords and changing the font size of the site title rendered by your theme.

Thread Starter jennyparker

(@jennyparker)

Hi @shivamtyagi, yes that is the problem I have no idea how to change the font of the first h1 tag so that the second h1 tag is considered the final one on the home page?

Plugin Author arnaudbroes

(@arnaudbroes)

Hey @jennyparker,

I can see that you are using Elementor, so you should be able to change it in their page editor. You’ll actually need to change it from an H1 tag to an H2 (or other header tag); simply changing the font size, as my colleague suggested, won’t be sufficient.

This phrase is your second H1 tag –

Ready to print printable planners & calendar, journals to kick start your business!

(@jennyparker)

HI @arnaudbroes thanks for your reply, actually I can’t change the h1 tage via elementor because “Site Title” is not visiable when using elementor what I can do is remove site tile via customization?

I know this can be change via custome css but I have no idea how to do that.

Plugin Author arnaudbroes

(@arnaudbroes)

@jennyparker that’s the first H1 tag; I was referring to the second one (see phrase above), which is in Elementor. There’s an Elementor CSS class that is applied to it.

The way you’re able to remove the first H1 is entirely dependent on your theme. I’d ask the developers of your theme how you can get rid of it. They should be able to help you with that.

You cannot get rid of HTML elements through CSS; you can only hide them, so unfortunately that wouldn’t work.

(@jennyparker)

@arnaudbroes Yes that is the problem if I change the second h1 tag which is more seo friendly and containt all keywords etc I will lose ranking so I need to remove the first h1 to change h2 etc.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2 H1 tags were found.’ is closed to new replies.