• Resolved rosina lippi

(@greenery)

I think my questions are very basic. I’m using 2016, classic editor (I just do not have time to puzzle through the block business). Three things I’d like to do:

1. remove the menu and menu bar from the header
    2. 2016 customization is very simple and does not include a way to chose font or font size. Right now I see different paragraph styles in different paragraphs, but I don’t know where that css is or how to get to it. Thus I’d like to add a chunk of css to take care of this.
    3. again, customization doesn’t provide a way to alter bars or lines, and I’d like to get rid of them all.

Right now I am working with a staged site, and I’m not sure if the stage url will work for people. Please yell if there’s a better way to let people see the site. Any/all advice greatly appreciated.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kavya Gokul

(@properlypurple)

Hey @greenery !

remove the menu and menu bar from the header

Do you want to hide these throughout the site? For the menu, you can basically edit the menu and remove all items to hide the menu completely.

For #2 and #3, I wonder if using a plugin made to customize this theme would help, instead of adding css for every change you want. I see this plugin, and this plugin, which have options to customize this theme.

Thread Starter rosina lippi

(@greenery)

Thanks for jumping in. Much appreciated.

I don’t want the menu bar at the top anywhere. I tried deleting everything in the menu, but then 2016 assigned my other menu – the real menu – to primary, in the header. So I need another approach. Any ideas?

I’m on my way to look at the plugins you mentioned. Thanks again.

Kavya Gokul

(@properlypurple)

I have just tested with an empty menu, and it seems to be working as expected. You have to make sure that your empty menu is assigned to the ‘Primary’ menu location (like in the screenshot below)

Thread Starter rosina lippi

(@greenery)

I tried again, and this time it worked. Also checked out the plugins. One is three years out of date and no longer kept-up. The other works, but in a very limited way. I’ll keep trying to figure it out.

Thanks again for your help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2016 theme classic editor’ is closed to new replies.