Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • why is there no mention in the tickets of the wysiwyg problem which we are all talking about – namelly: tinyMSE is undefined ??

I just upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, everything went smoothly but none of my links are showing up? Any ideas?

https://www.brianviki.com

Can you still see them in the admin Links manager? Did they get somehow turned “invisible”?

They are all still in my links manager, all are “visible”. I have toggled a few to invisible and back with no effect.

They are still visible in my backup of 2.0.1 https://brianviki.com/blog.old/

I upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 and now none of my permalinks work. Please help.

https://tacticalrealism.com

I just re-copied over all the files and it is working now. ??

Spencerp: I am sorry to reply so late, I have real problems finding things here until I found the only real search… There search field on the top should not actually be called search. Tag sift is more correct.

On to your answer – Yes and no. You are right in the sense that it is similar to what I want. But it is also really far from anything usable for anyone with a normal hosting account.

The person in this example has used a diff file and apply it with a patch command. You can only do this with shell access to the server. Not many people has that. And cPanel do not have it as far as I know ?? The only thing that would work is a zip file with only the files that has changed. And here is the most important thing: The zip file must NOT have a folder inside as the first “level” of the zip. Then you will not be able to unzip it in the root of your WP installation.

I really have my hopes up for something like this in the future.

The person in this example has used a diff file and apply it with a patch command. You can only do this with shell access to the server. Not many people has that.

Oh yeah, I understand that not too many have that option per se lol.. I was just merely pointing out, as a “quicky” way of doing it, that’s the only real option/way of doing it at this time..hehe.

As for the “hopeful” zip deal, I’m not sure about that one.. but, for my “idea” of how it could be done later..is..have all the fixed files, left in the normal folders and such.

So you would have something like:
    wp-admin/ <—all fixed files, even within all folders.
    wp-includes/ <—all fixed files, even within all folders.
    index.php <—all fixed files if have..

As like in the “normal” downloadable zip format, but instead of having ALL of them, the non-fixed ones too…. just ONLY have the fixed ones.

People wouldn’t have to delete everything, they would only have to delete like maybe 6 from the wp-admin folder…and upload 6. And so on..and so forth.

I know that’s NOT what you’re really saying, but even if the way I had mentioned was a “possibility” it would be awesome lol. =) Well, a step in a good direction that is lol..

spencerp

I successfully applied the patch without using my shell access as I mentioned here. It was surprisingly easy and straight forward once I figured it out!

Michael.

Michael, yeah..I forgot about that reply of your’s with that programme.. sigh. =( Now I feel bad..but glad you mentioned it again lol! =D

spencerp

ok i tried the upgrade.php and it says its done, but when i go back to site admin it says 2.0.1 was there something i missed? all i did was run the upgrade.php, btw i dont want to lose all my posts but the normal way says to delete the folder and doesnt say anything about backing up and putting the posts back so im kinda confused!

nevermind i got it, thanks guys

I keep getting the 500 Internal Server Error when I go to https://localhost/wordpress/. “The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.”
    I’m pretty sure my apache and mysql are running, though I can’t seem to see the mysql in my active programs list :-S

help?

If you have a .htaccess file, rename it.
    That should help.

I don’t have a .htaccess file in my wordpress folder.. or should it be in another folder?

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.2 Is out’ is closed to new replies.