Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • When we try to save options in the sugarsync tab we get the redirect error on this url https://xxxxxx.xxx/wp-admin/admin-post.php?action=backwpup

A new install of 3.0.12 on a new website does not have this problem.

looks like some lingering damage from 3.0.11.

How to fix?

Commenting lines 244 & 245 in backwpup.php (version 3.0.12) seems to be a workaround. I’m able to log in and my site works again. I haven’t checked backup functionality yet.

@drejfus Doesn’t work for me

Jumping from 3.0.10 to 3.0.12 broke.

Confirmed commenting out the following two lines has worked on at 5 sites so far now.

//display about page after Update
    //if ( ! get_site_option( 'backwpup_about_page', FALSE ) && $_REQUEST[ 'page' ] != 'backwpupabout' )
    //wp_redirect( network_admin_url( 'admin.php' ) . '?page=backwpupabout' );

Can we just ditch that whole display on update feature? Really it isn’t necessary.

Darn – that will teach me to update this plugin on multiple sites again (got me twice now). Ouch – in for a long night…

Hello, for all who have some issues with the latest version. You can try this simple plugin BackWPup Humility

Kind regards

thanks mbrsolution for the tip. but it doen’t have the positive side-effect of getting rid of the present bug.

drejfus and holywebmaker’s tip did work for me.

Unauthenticated users still hit an infinite loop when they attempt to login. The plugin should be updated so that users are only redirected to the backwpup about page if they have the requisite capabilities. This worked for our two installations, and may work in general (I don’t claim to know which capability would be capital-C Correct).

if ( current_user_can(‘activate_plugins’) && ( ! get_site_option( ‘backwpup_about_page’, FALSE ) && $_REQUEST[ ‘page’ ] != ‘backwpupabout’ ) )

“Can we just ditch that whole display on update feature? Really it isn’t necessary.”

Please. Silly to have to install a second plugin to have to tame the excesses of another plugin.

Looks like UpdraftPlus might be a less intrusive Dropbox Backup solution.

i can only strongly support this thread in terms of humility.

i understand the need for plugin authors to advertise their pro version, but please, there are lots of ways to do this unobtrusivly and without risking compatibility and functionality.

this thread has the most recent posts, so the authors might take this into account.

@bcobb thanks a lot for sharing your solution with us. Works perfect on my blog!

Hopefully the authors provide a update asap. It’s a lovely plugin and I very much understand they want to promote there pro version to gain the money to make such a nice plugin. And actually I don’t care that much in which way they do (i’m using the free version, so hey, why should I even complain about even ads?) but really think such a error should have been discovered before release. To bad it din’t, hopefully it doesn’t scare less experienced users away…

We have also tried uninstalling (deactivate, delete) and installing3.0.10, which was the last version that had worked.

This did not work either.

We do not want to have to keep patching code.

Please give us a fix that works.

Hi,
    I’m facing a similar problem. When I want to log in to my installation I get a redirect loop (I’m not even able to see the loginpage). Since it gives me this adress in the browser https://www.domain.de/subfolder/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.domain.de%2Fsubfolder%2Fwp-admin%2Fadmin.php%3Fpage%3Dbackwpupabout&reauth=1
    it kind of lets me feel that it’s connected to backwpup XD

I tried – renaming the pluginfolder, putting the lines as above in the code, deleting the folder, deleting the database tables for wpbackup (properbly a stupid thing to do…..), clear cache, clear cookies

The possibilty to update the version wasn’t even there since I can’t even get the login page…

EDIT
    solved by deactivation the plugin in the database via phpmyadmin….

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘3.0.11 gives redirect error…’ is closed to new replies.