• Resolved nitrospectide

(@nitrospectide)

When I try to check a box on the Capabilities admin page for one of my roles, it appears to use AJAX to immediately pass on that setting change, but the UI shows a loading spinner and just hangs. This shows in my Chrome console:

POST https://mywebsite.com/wp-json/aam/v2/service/role/sitemanager 400 (Bad Request)

send @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2

ajax @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2

(anonymous) @ jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.4.1:2

e.<computed> @ jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.4.1:2

(anonymous) @ admin.php?page=aam&aamframe=main:3180

AAM.queueRequest @ admin.php?page=aam&aamframe=main:7201

toggle @ admin.php?page=aam&aamframe=main:3179

(anonymous) @ admin.php?page=aam&aamframe=main:3332

dispatch @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2

v.handle @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author AAM Plugin

(@vasyltech)

@nitrospectide thank you for the report. Can you please let me know the capability that you are trying to assign? It is quite possible that it is some custom capability that is not following WordPress core standards. The correct capability slug should contain only lowercase letters, numbers and underscore. So, I’m suspecting that the capability that you have deviates from this pattern.

Thread Starter nitrospectide

(@nitrospectide)

The capabilities I am trying to enable look like:

vc_access_rules_post_types/events

vc_ is Visual Composer – now known as WP Bakery Page Builder. This setting enables the use of the builder on the CPT named after the / (events in this case).

I have my live site, plus two development site copies. At first, my one development site let me check these boxes, no problem. My live site did not. I tried it on the other dev site, and it also would not let me check the boxes. I looked at differences between the sites, and noticed that my core WordPress had not been updated in a bit on the dev site where I was able to set the checkbox (6.4.x, I think). The live and other dev sites both had newer (but not current – they were at 6.5.x) versions of WP. I updated WordPress (6.6.x) on the site where the checkboxes worked, and now I can no longer set the checkboxes on that dev site.

On the dev site that I had updated to the current WP core version, I updated my other plugins, including WP Bakery Page Builder. It still does not let me set these checkboxes. Although now, when I click one, it jumps me back up to the top of the page, and if I scroll all the way back down, I see this error message at the bottom of the page:

“Unexpected Issue

An unexpected application issue has arisen. Please feel free to report this issue to us, and we will promptly provide you with a solution. Report issue”

Note also that while I have not tested all of the vc_ capabilities for each CPT, I CAN set/unset checkboxes on other vc_ capabilities, and other things unrelated to WPB/Visual Composer.

The reason this is such a sticking point, is that without the boxes checked, the role I am creating is unable to use WPB to edit content on those posts, which is a necessity.

I am also unable to add a capability to my site. Namely trying to add the already existing gform_full_access capability but it provides back a 400 Bad Request with ‘Valid capability slug is required’.

However trying to add any new capability eg ‘asdasdasds’, also provides back the same 400 Response.

I am able to enabled/disabled existing capabilities.

WP 6.6.1
    PHP 7.4.33
    AAM 6.9.37

(@nitrospectide)

Do you have any thoughts based on what I wrote?

(@nitrospectide)

Does AAM work with WP Bakery for you?

(@nitrospectide)

It appears that a recent release has resolved my issue. Thanks for the fix. I did not realize it for a while since there was no reply on this ticket.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.