• I am getting a 403: Forbidden error when I try to upload a logo for the mobile version of a site I am working on. If this is a permissions issue which folder do I need to change the permissions for in order for this to work? The complete error is:
    403: Forbidden
    This error message is generated when the web server is trying to access a file that does not exist or has been configured incorrectly
    Troubleshooting suggestions:
    Ensure that you have a valid home page defined in your website directory (example: /htdocs/index.html, /htdocs/index.php). On Unix, this is case sensitive and must be all lower case.
    In your Account Manager, under Hosting Tools, click to .Reset File Permissions..
    Thank you

https://www.ads-software.com/plugins/wp-mobile-edition/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Same problem here. Adding logos or even the social links result in a 403 error. Surprising that no one has responded to this yet?

Ok, my research into this issue has made me to conclude that the 403 error appears when adding logos (or infact any URL’s) under the >Theme Settings> Site logo/bookmark icons and the social links section.

It could be because the website in question is an addon domain and therefore something to do with file permissions.

I’m in touch with the hosting support on this issue and will update if there is any solution to this.

Plugin Author Fdoromo

(@fdoromo)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘403: Forbidden’ is closed to new replies.