• Resolved roeeyossef

(@roeeyossef)

Hey Guys,

I used the plugin as i needed a fast & convenient way to update permalinks to my posts in bulk (not CPT – standard posts). I activated the plugin and used the URI editor to change 200 posts permalinks 1 by 1.

When done i disabled the plugin and get 404 for the posts. reactivating the plugin and the posts show correctly.

Why is that? can’t i change the permalinks for the posts and leave it that way when disabling the plugin?

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thread Starter roeeyossef

(@roeeyossef)

So my question is why the native slugs are not updated?

Plugin Author Maciej Bis

(@mbis)

Hi @roeeyossef

I am sorry for the inconvenience. There are a few reasons, why the native slugs are not updated directly in my plugin:

• First of all, my plugin uses a different system to detect the permalinks. It is not based on native slugs & rewrite rules, because they do not allow to full customize the URL addresses. Normally, WordPress would not be able to detect customized formats without extra, overcomplicated rewrite rules. Instead, my plugin saves the full permalinks in DB (you can check how the URIs are stored in “Debug” section). Thanks to this, it is possible to eg. remove CPT bases, add custom fields or translate WordPress URLs.
    • The native slug editor can be enabled in Permalink Manager settings: https://permalinkmanager.pro/docs/faq/native-slug-in-wordpress-permalinks/#how-to-access-the-slug-editor-and-manually-change-the-slug
    • Dozens of users want to check the plugin’s functionality. After they decide to not use it, they can simply deactivate it and restore all original permalinks & their settings

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

I will try to prepare a custom mini plugin that would allow to move the changes you made with my plugin and save the updated URIs as native slugs, so you do not have to manually change the native slugs again.

Best regards,
    Maciej

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Maciej Bis.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Maciej Bis.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘404 after disabling the plugin’ is closed to new replies.