• Resolved oneminduniv

(@oneminduniv)

It appears that when someone tries to access a page that they do not have the correct membership for, a 404 error page is displayed.

This is not good if you are using a plugin like iThemes Security, that tracks 404 errors and locks client out after too many 404’s.

Is there a way to create a custom redirect to member sign up page or upgrade page vs 404?

Thank you

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hi @oneminduniv

Please use this filter wt_user_allowed_posts along with this version of the plugin to alter the post array and set your desired post object if the array is empty.

Thread Starter oneminduniv

(@oneminduniv)

Thank you for your reply.

RE: Please use this filter wt_user_allowed_posts

I do not see additional settings in the new plugin; Would I add the wt_user_allowed_posts to the functions.php file or may be create the filter as a plugin?

I’m not sure how to write the filter; what I want to do is direct members that need to upgrade to access content to a custom upgrade page vs a 404 error. The upgrade page will be the same for all memberships.

Thank again!

Hi @oneminduniv

You may use the snippet in functions.php like

add_filters('wt_user_allowed_posts' , 'my_custom_page');

function my_custom_page($posts){
     return array(

20 => // change your custom page id here

get_post(20)
    );

}

Please let us know if any issues.

(@oneminduniv)

Getting PHP errors with the snippet above.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘&’ On line 13

When I remove the extra “&” here > add_filters('wt_user_allowed_posts' , 'my_custom_page');

I get > (T_STRING), expecting ‘(‘ On line 14`

Never mind on the above; I took your code from the WP email that added &#039 in place of ‘
    But now that I have the code as you posted above, I’m getting new errors

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by oneminduniv.

(@oneminduniv)

New errors

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function add_filters() in /home/www/xxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/member-upgrade-notice/member-upgrade-notice.php:12 Stack trace: #0 /home/www/xxxxxx.com/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1897): include() #1 /home/www/xxxxxx.com/wp-admin/plugins.php(172): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘member-upgrade-…’) #2 {main} thrown in /home/www/xxxxxx.com/wp-content/plugins/member-upgrade-notice/member-upgrade-notice.php on line 12

Hi @oneminduniv

That error is coming from the plugin “member-upgrade-notice”. Please check by disabling that to confirm.

(@oneminduniv)

RE: That error is coming from the plugin “member-upgrade-notice”

Yes, I created a plugin (vs adding code to functions.php) using your code from above, I just named the plugin member-upgrade-notice;

add_filters('wt_user_allowed_posts' , 'my_custom_page');

function my_custom_page($posts){
     return array(

20 => // change your custom page id here

get_post(20)
    );

}

And when I tried to activate the plugin I got the error notice above.

I’m not very good with PHP, but I think the function > my_custom_page should be declared before the filter > add_filters(‘wt_user_allowed_posts’ , ‘my_custom_page’);

Thank you

Hi @oneminduniv

You can raise a support ticket here in our support tab. So we can check this in your site.

Hi @oneminduniv

Please check with the latest version of the plugin. There is option to set default access denied page.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error’ is closed to new replies.