• Hi,

I have installed the add-on Directory Tools, and tried to publish one entry to see how this works.

It is listed on the Participants Database Proxy Posts page, and when I click in “View” the page gives a 404 error.

Can you think of a reason why this could happen?

Also, is there a way to change the “post slug” once a post appears on this list, as I can’t see a way of changing this.

Thank you, Russell

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author xnau webdesign

(@xnau)

This means that the WP redirect for the Proxy Posts has not been initialized yet. Go to the WordPress Permalinks settings page and re-save the setting. This will initialize the redirects.

If you look at the settings for Directory Tools, you will see settings (Post Slug Source Fields) for how the post slug is constructed. Make sure this is set so that you’ll be getting the slug you want automatically. If you change this, you will need to rebuild the proxy posts, this is done in the Directory Tools settings under the advanced tab.

If you want to edit an individual slug, you can do this by opening the “Proxy Posts” menu item under Participants Database and using the “quick edit” to change the slug of a specific post.

Thread Starter in-business

(@in-business)

Hi Brilliant, thank you!!!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error with PD proxy posts’ is closed to new replies.