• Resolved tim_marston

(@tim_marston)

Hi

I have hundreds of 404 errors listed in Google Search console that look they might have been created by Woo Commerce:

They end with with strings like this:

?products-per-page=12

When I analyze the URLs in GSC it lists my shop page as the source.

My site is really struggling and so I am trying to fix all technical errors.

Could these URLs be caused by Woo?

If so is there anyway to fix them?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Saif

(@babylon1999)

Hello @tim_marston,

Thank you for reaching out!

The URL seems to be WooCommerce-related indeed, but these errors are quite common with WordPress sites in general so the cause might not be WooCommerce.

I found some helpful guides that show you how to get rid of broken links on your website:

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thread Starter tim_marston

(@tim_marston)

I doesnt help at all. I dont want generic help with 404s thanks I know how to fix broken links. I want specific help with the ones I mentioned and how they might be caused by Woo.

Plugin Support Shameem a11n

(@shameemreza)

Hi @tim_marston

The “?products-per-page=12” string is typically associated with the number of products displayed on a shop page, which is a functionality of WooCommerce.

These 404 errors can occur if links point to these pages, but the pages themselves don’t exist. For example, if you’ve reduced the number of products on your site, but there might still be links leading to those pages that no longer exist.

To resolve this, you could try the following steps:

• Flush Permalink Structure: Go to you > Settings > Permalinks and simply click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page. This will refresh your permalink structure and could resolve the issue.
    • Redirection Plugin: Install a redirection plugin like the Redirection for WordPress. This can help manage 301 redirects and monitor 404 errors.
    • Disable and Enable WooCommerce: Temporarily disable WooCommerce to see if the errors persist. If they disappear, re-enable WooCommerce and see if the errors return. This can help isolate if WooCommerce is the cause.
    • Check Other Plugins: If the error persists, disable other plugins one by one to see if there is a conflict causing the error.

Remember to always backup your website before making any changes or updates. Also, make sure your WooCommerce plugin is up-to-date. Updates often include bug fixes which could resolve your issue.

I hope this provides a more specific solution to your problem. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Errors Related to Woo Commerce?’ is closed to new replies.