• Hello, I am having issues with the plugin currently. When I go on the login page and click on the reset password link, I get asked to enter the email or username of the account that forgot the password. That’s fine and working as intended.

However, after entering the email/username in the field and clicking on “Generate password”, I always get sent to a 404 page that uses the slug of the previous page (password forgotten) + “wp-login.php?checkemail=confirm” at the end IF THE ACCOUNT DOES NOT EXIST. I do not know if that is normal behaviour or not, but that basically leads to a 404 page and that’s a big problem for us, because there is no indication at all for the people that are trying to reset their password and are entering wrong information…

Is this really the intended behaviour or is there something that may have been done wrong in the configuration of the plugin?

Thank you

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Jeff Farthing

(@jfarthing84)

TML should not be redirecting to wp-login.php at all – perhaps another plugin is interfering. I’d suggest testing this with all other non-TML plugins disabled to see if the issue persists.

Thread Starter hnadeau

(@hnadeau)

Hello Jeff,
    thank you for the answer. After further testing, it seems to be happening with Wordfence Premium after I optimize the firewall. I genuinely don’t know why it does that, but that firewall is pretty important for us. All PHP requests will be processed by the firewall prior to running is what it says in the page for the plugin when it’s optimized, so I assume that TML is using some sort of PHP request maybe to determine if a user exists or not and it’s getting blocked, thus leading to the 404 after…
    Do you have an idea on if it can even be fixed on our side? (Without turning off the firewall)

Thank you

Plugin Author Jeff Farthing

(@jfarthing84)

Seems this may be a better-suited question for Wordfence support now.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.