• May 24, 2021 In the past few months I have noticed pages that are old and not in use are not being shown as a 404 page. Second issue is real pages that are on the site are being show as not available, not found.
    Are there issues with this theme with the 404 response of the theme? The response of 404 is not working properly, thanks for any help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hello,

Kindly share the page URL and steps to check the issue.

Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks, try to reset the permalink settings, and check.
    1. Change the permalink structure to Plain, Click Save Changes.
    2. Now select your previous settings and Click Save Changes.

Thread Starter Stratosphere

(@stratosphere)

The problem occurs on current live pages and the issue also is that a page not found appears on those live pages, for privacy reasons I can’t disclose the URL’s. The permalink structure has always been
    /%postname%/ for the past 16 years and we’ve never had this issue before this year.
    We do not have /page numbers at all. I tried changing as you suggested and changing back to postname
    we shall see if that fixes the issue. As long as Google can crawl our live pages correctly. Thanks.

Hello,

Please try to switch to the default theme like twentytwenty and check if it is working or facing the same issue.

have you recently made changes or added any plugin/code?

Also, go to Elementor > System Info and share the report with us so that we can take a look.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Page Not Working’ is closed to new replies.