• Resolved Shooty

(@shooty)

I’ve tried this video in a few other themes unsuccessfully as well. I created this 6 second clip in 2020 Corel Video Studio. The file size is 6.94MB with an aspect of 1280×720

It uploaded perfectly but will not show up on the preview nor when you go to the site. Its a new site so only the header has content at this time. I recently built a similar clip with the same ratio and slightly larger which loaded successfully. You can find it at https://discoversasquatch.com which was my first attempt at creating/using header video. I guess I got lucky on the first one!

Any and all help will be appreciated.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter Shooty

(@shooty)

I up’d the aspect ratio to 1920 x 1080 and reduced the clips until I achieved 7.4MB, but it still does nothing. I am perplexed! The purpose for that move was to closer meet the required size of 2017’s 2000x 1200 restriction.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Shooty.
    Thread Starter Shooty

(@shooty)

This ended up being a cache issue. On a browser simply add /?cache=1 to the end of your url or hit the “Flush Cache” selection from the “Manage WordPress” tool on the Dashboard menu.

Using free twenty seventeen theme to get large video playing on homepage.

I have two problems with header video.

The video is linked to youtube. It plays without sound in the header on computer, some ipads, but not phones. Is there a way to fix this?

We would like to get it to play in large format in the header with sound on all platforms.

Is this a feature of the pro version only?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘6.94MB Header Video uploads but not load in 2017’ is closed to new replies.