• Resolved JacobTheDev

(@revxx14)

I’ve rolled back for now, but with v8.4.10 enabled, my client’s website is getting extra <br> tags getting added all over the place. I ran a diff on the two versions, and it appears that the issue is at simple-share-buttons-adder/php/class-buttons.php, on lines 80 and 101. The removal and readdition of wpautop sems to be causing this to occur; when I comment out those lines, it works correctly again.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • It’s not just on Beaver Builder. This update made a right mess on one of our sites which pretty much only used Gutenberg and ACF, and a custom theme. It throws <p> and <br/> tags all over the place. The moment we disable the plugin, everything goes back to normal. Needs fixing urgently.

Thread Starter JacobTheDev

(@revxx14)

Glad to hear it’s not just us! Hopefully this can get fixed quickly.

Plugin Contributor ShareThis

(@sharethis)

Thanks for reaching out. We’re trying to fix some issues with our buttons that result when wpautop is run with them in the content. We think we have a fix for the issue you’re experiencing, but could you @revxx14 or @dscreative tell us what theme you’re experiencing this on?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by ShareThis.

For us, it’s a custom theme based on Understrap framework.

Thread Starter JacobTheDev

(@revxx14)

Ours is theme we inherited from another company, but it’s built with a plugin called “Beaver Builder.” It’s adding <br> tags all over the place. I’ve renabled it on my client’s website (linked in my original post) so you can see it more clearly. Here’s a screenshot showing one problem area; these buttons on the home page are getting a <br> added before the text.

https://imgur.com/a/EVhY33R

Plugin Contributor ShareThis

(@sharethis)

For the time being we’ve reverted the autop fix to avoid wider issues spread by adding it. 8.4.11 will be that fixed version if you want to update to it. Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘8.4.10 adding extra line breaks with “Beaver Builder”’ is closed to new replies.